Line-ups announced for 'not to be missed' business festival
Local legends, national business leaders and subject experts are among the fantastic speakers lined up for Believe in Business Festival, an unmissable day for local firms.
Keynote speaker Martin Ainscough CBE DL, head of the Ainscough Group, tops the bill and will be sharing insights from his more than 40 years business experience.
Next month’s event will see two sets of panels running throughout the Festival- one aimed at startup business, and the other focused on more established businesses.
Topics have been selected by businesses for businesses, spearheaded by the local Business Consortium.
Councillor David Molyneux MBE, Leader of Wigan Council, said: “This really is an event for businesses, by businesses with our local Business Consortium identifying the biggest challenges for companies in 2024, to ensure that attendees get the absolute most out of their time.
“By bringing together knowledgeable speakers, passionate business people, and organisations who are there to help and support you on your business journey, this Festival will be a superb start to the year.”
Panels topics and speakers include:
- Empowering Growth with Financial Solutions, featuring the British Business Bank, Caledonian Travel, 3PL, Aspire Accounts and the Business Growth Hub
- The talent challenge – attracting and retaining your key asset with speakers from Wigan & Leigh College, DWP, FoodPro, Impressions Uniform, Tilbury Douglas and the Good Employment Charter
- Think local – building opportunity and capacity in your supply chain with Connolly’s, Nice-Pak, Wigan Council and MAC Construction
- Harnessing effective Financial Management Is The Key To Success with speakers from ASH Integrated Services, Hull Jady Chartered Accountants, NRB Accountants and Enterprising You
- People are your biggest asset – a different approach to recruitment, including speakers from Heinz, One & All and Barton’s Bottlers
- Does Marketing Really Matter, with Just Bee Social, ATTAIN and Launch North West
Jonathan Twist, managing director of Gee Tee’s Retail and Wholesale and member of the Wigan Borough Business Consortium, said: “This day will be the biggest networking opportunity for Wigan Borough business this year.
“We know lots of Wigan Borough businesses want to work with other borough-based businesses and this Festival is an invaluable chance to get your name out there, get to know other people, and become part of our fantastic business community.
“By booking your ticket and investing just £10 and a few hours of your time, you will be setting your business and yourself up for success- this is going to be a day not to be missed.”
As well as the panels and speakers, the Festival will also feature a range of business support stands including representatives ready to help from Green Economy, GMCA, Proper Good, DWP, the council’s Corporate Procurement, Invest in Wigan, the GM Chamber of Commerce, apprenticeship support, and more.
To find out more and book your business’ ticket visit Believe in Business Festival. The Business Festival is taking place on Thursday 8 February at The Edge.